• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Executor conduct

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Executor conduct

My sister is executor. She and my brother, also executor will receive an extra 10 percent share for serving in that role. I am in Virginia USA. My question is- is this normal or should I be concerned?- my sister hasn’t officially notified the corporation my father owned stock in, yet. He died April 8, 2023, and it is now Aug. 28. She says she is busy, she went on two vacations. Meanwhile, I am on disability and currently unable to work, and she was advised by the lawyer she could sell and put proceeds into the estate account, and then distribute them. I am at the point of never speaking to her again, since she has failed to act or explain, despite my inquiries. I am very tempted to take an inheritance advance, introduce a third party company interest, so she is eventually forced to sell the jointly owned house, which she has stated she wants to live in “for a while.” I don’t have money for an attorney, until she sells the stock. Should I just accept her conduct as acceptable? My brother is a lap dog who does whatever she says. At this point, I never want to speak with them again. It goes back further when they say I am crazy (I am a veteran with PTSD), and my father was abusive towards me and my mother (I was the oldest child). My father didn’t bother discussing any of his financial stuff or even to name beneficiaries except to put that the three kids inherit all he owns. (1/3, 1/3, 1,3). My sister did file for probate. And an accounting is being submitted. She claims she is too busy. I came here to help clean out the huge 5-bedroom house, which I did until she said to stop, she may want to live in the house. I cleaned out the closets and paid with a small inherited life insurance proceed to get across the US to help. My brother offered to use funds to pay my way back home, but my sister said no. I saved enough gas money now to get home, sleeping in my car.
    Tags: None

Sorry - this is a UK law forum.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

It seems there might be basic principles or common law principles to help??

Comment

You would be unwise to count on that. Seek advice in your state.
        Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read the Judiciary's handbook for litigants in person: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X