• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Maintaining Will privacy as Probate is still to be applied for.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maintaining Will privacy as Probate is still to be applied for.

Hi
    This might sound blunt but only to try and keep this short and factual and try and avoid the emotion that can easily kick in.

1, I am the joint Executor to a very close family members Will.
    2, The family member passed away 3 weeks ago.
    3, The funeral was yesterday so emotions here are high.
    3, Notification to beneficiaries of the estate went out today purely out of courtesy to give them some good news and an explanation as to their personal entitlement after costs from the estate and sharing the will is not a requirement until Probate is granted and the process this is now in hand, with a meeting set with probate advisor later this week and the executors will do all that they can to complete the process as soon as reasonably possible.
    ,4, I have explained that the Will has been professionally read and the executor/s although willing to share this Will request that the Will to remain private until Probate has been granted.

As yet a copy of the physical Will has not been shared but it has been requested.

Question.......
    I am already receiving questions as to "who and how much why am I only getting" and guessing what their entitlement means.

When sharing a will should it be the entire will or should beneficiaries only get to see what is relevant to them, my gut feeling is share the entire Will just for clarity and if there is disappointment as to percentages etc there is nothing I can do as the Will is clear in what it states.

Not a massive estate but as the saying goes money does strange things to people, all I want to see is the Will executed openly and to the letter, hence why I am taking legal advice where necessary and using professional services. where I feel it best used.

Also I have been advised that as the Will does not state the for want of better phrase money in the bank be used for all legal matters concerning the Will that this means that when it comes to dealing with a Property - dwelling all costs concerning this dwelling and its distribution should be personally born by the named beneficiaries of the Gift of Property as from the date of death should they wish to accept the Gift of Property.

Please share experiences on this topic.
    Tags: None

Why not be completely open and transparent?

Or tell them nothing else and make them wait, but why?

Consider hiring an actor to read the will, in some tv soap opera kind of way.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X