• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Respond to Caveat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Respond to Caveat

Good Morning,

My dad passed away. He was married but dependent, wife had move out, got a new partner and moved on with her life. On the day he died I decided the right thing to do was to let her know. She then came to the hospital and one of the first things she asked was does your dad have a will, I responded yes I will have to find it though it’s at his house. Fast forward a few weeks and she requested a copy of it for her solicitor, I didn’t want to give it to her so asked if her solicitor would be intouch. Her solicitor then asked for a copy and I sent him it at the end of February, then a few days later I was advised she had been granted the letters of administration. At this point I had only just applied to probate as I had been gathering all the information required to submit the probate like valuations of the house etc. I recieved another letter from a different solicitor representing her advising me not to distribute my dads estate as they were checking the validity of the Will.

I rang probate and advised the person granted letters of administration had done this fraudulently as they were aware of my dads will, I advised I had passed this to her solicitor. I emailed probate the evidence that she was aware.

anyway approx 2 weeks ago I received an email to say a caveat had been lodged. My dads wife had put this in and not sure if it’s relevant but the address she used was my dads address and not here.

My sister in law has tried to contact her to ask to meet to see why she has put the caveat in however she has read the message but not responded. Please can anyone advise me what route I should take now. Please note I cannot afford a solicitor, my dads estate is less than £50,000 and all tied up in a property that is jointly owned with 2 other people.
    Tags: None

Separated not dependent sorry I don’t know how to edit post

Comment

Originally posted by SHKCHT View Post
      .....the address she used was my dads address and not here*.
      * hers?
      CAVEAT LECTOR

This is only my opinion - "Opinions are made to be changed --or how is truth to be got at?" (Byron)

You and I do not see things as they are. We see things as we are.
      Cohen, Herb

There is danger when a man throws his tongue into high gear before he
      gets his brain a-going.
      Phelps, C. C.

"They couldn't hit an elephant at this distance!"
      The last words of John Sedgwick

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X