• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No probate after 4 years.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No probate after 4 years.

Hi,

My dad passed away in 2019. He was with his partner for a number of years who I never knew, as it was in really difficult circumstances, leaving my late mother for her. They were not married and had no children together. I dont have his partners contact details either & don’t wish to communicate with her. However now and again I search the Gov probate site. As far as I know there’s been nothing done in regards to this. Don’t think he had a will but not entirely sure. Although I can’t believe he had no assets as he was a successful company director still working in his 70s.

Any advice would be appreciated please. Don’t know where to start. Wondering if bank accounts etc have just been left?!! Can’t understand the thinking really.

Thank you in advance!
    Tags: None

If he had no will and was not married to his partner, who do you think might have been eligible to apply to administer his estate?

Comment

Hi, that’s a very good point. I just presumed it would be his cohabiting partner

Comment

Do you have siblings who might be named?

Comment

I have siblings but not named. Really don’t know how to proceed. Wonder if things have been just left. Can’t believe he had no bank accounts etc

Comment

Can anyone advise how to proceed? I can’t afford to appoint solicitors to look into this and potentially find nothing. Alternatively there could be dormant bank accounts etc just left.

Comment

Without letters of administration no financial institution will release details of bank details, or even if they hold an account for your late father.
              Any chance he owned property or stocks and shares?

There is a strict order of entitlement to apply and this would exclude partners not married nor in a civil partnership,
              so you could probably apply yourself (https://www.gov.uk/government/public...-is-not-a-will)
              If & when you receive the letters of administration, you could then make requests of financial institutions.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X