• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Property Trust Will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Trust Will

Hi, I have a couple of questions about a Property Trust Will (the testator of the Will is now deceased).

1. Can the remaining spouse who has life interest in the property (which has now been sold) surrender his life interest to the two remaindermen (who are also the trustees) so that they get their inheritance early?
    2. If yes to the above (and as long as both remaindermen/trustees agree), can the life interest be surrendered partially (for just one of the remaindermen), keeping the other half as life interest?

Thanks for any advice.
    Tags: None

You are making something complicated which does not deserve it. The idea of a 'property trust will' is not clear, and I am lost from there.

Comment

My apologies. I would like to know whether a trust can be ended early if all beneficiaries (and the person with life interest in the trust) all agree. I am asking this question as one of the beneficiaries of the trust has lodged a caveat and we thought that offering this person their share early (by partially or fully dissolving the trust) may help to resolve the dispute. If you need more specific information, please ask. Thanks.

Comment

The trust is for 50% of a property (that was owned by the deceased as a tenant in common). The property has been sold so the trust is now in the form of money in a bank account.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X