• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Asset found 18 years after Probate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asset found 18 years after Probate

I found some land still registered to someone who died in 2004.No one knew of this land,including the deceased.
    The land was previously owned by her father.
    I managed to track down the two Executors and agreed with one of them (a Beneficiary of the will) to purchase the land at the price it has been valued at.
    The second Executor (not a Beneficiary) refuses to act on this and ignores all telephone calls etc.
    Is there a way around this by just using one Executor and are they still able to sell this land after 18 years ?
    Thanks
    Tags: None

The delay does not intrude on the legailty. The point of registering the title is exactly to preserve the position pending a future sale.

You do however need both executors. Where one refuses to participate it is for the other to apply to court to have them fulfil their promise on taking out the grant all those years ago.

Comment

Thank you DSLIPPY.
      Can the non participating executor pass responibility to another person who happens to be his nephew.
      He is basically saying don't bother me as i am now retired and to deal with his nephew who is also refusing to cooperate.
      This has been dragging on for a few months now and my solicitor is not getting any reply from them.
      Thanks

Comment

Someone needs to tell him that executors duties and liabilities do not cease on retirement, only on death!

Comment

IMO the executors should consult the beneficiaries.
          Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now supervising solicitor in a university law clinic. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

The executor has sworn to do something. He must do it himself. He cannot simply retire, but needs the consent of others.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X