• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Probate not being executed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probate not being executed

My sister has been granted probate for my father who left everything to my sister and I in equal share since his wife, our mother, had mental health issues leaving her unable to manage any finances.
    A trust was created which contained the house and his main bank account, again with both of us as beneficiaries, and my sister and himself as trustees.
    He passed away just over 2 years ago.
    6 months later our mother also passed away. I had her pension paid into an account in my name and I managed her finances after my fathers death.
    Their house which was only my fathers name was sold by my sister earlier this year.

My sister also applied for, and was granted, probate for my mother and is requesting financial history details of the bank account that was used for her. There's
    Considering her hostile behavior up until now (to put it mildly), I would like to see my fathers probate executed first as I do not trust that it will ever be processed and my mothers is an absolute pittance compared to my fathers. I feel reluctant to assist her with my mothers probate while my fathers is still outstanding.
    Is there likely to be any good reason why my mothers probate would need to be processed before, or at the same time, as my fathers?

Also, my father has various investments which don't appear to be account for so far. How can I make sure that everything is accounted for for my fathers probate?

Thanks for any advice
    Tags: None

There is no fundamental reason why one (either) should be concluded before the other.

There are well trodden paths in law to ensuring that a probate is progressed. They tend to be expensive. You need to exhaust other means first.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X