• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Bereavement & new will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bereavement & new will

Hi

my uncle and aunt have decided to leave me there home in the Will

before it was left to my brother in an older will ( that’s not the issue as he is ok that I have it )

now my aunt has past away , my sister has came into control of all his finances , and wants the house left to her.

she now states as my aunt passed away that the last will made being that I inherit the house does that mean anything and it will go back to my brother in the first Will and she insists that a new will has to be made ,

I like to add also I think she is trying to pull a fast one as she said I’m going to be offered money instead of the house , but as her name is on the accounts I don’t think that will happen either.

kind regards
    blueoval1
    Tags: None

We can only guess several important elements here.

Assuming the house was in the joint names of the aunt and uncle, on her death, her interest merely disappears, leaving uncle with the house, and his will is operative on his death to transfer the house to you.
    His will remains in effect util and unless he revokes it. Tjhere is no need for a new will at all, unless he changes his mind.
    The second will (I assume 99.9%) revoked the first earlier will so that would not be revived.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X