• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Probate for out of state assets

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probate for out of state assets

Greetings, I need advice on what to do. My father passed away in February. I moved him here in Washington state a few years ago to take care of him. He unfortunately never set up a will. Being his only heir, I assumed the process wouldn't be too complicated. Unfortunately, lawyers here in Washington don't want to touch it because his assets are on the east coast. He owned a rental house in Georgia. His main bank account was with PNC which is not in Washington. He also had a small bank account that I assume he opened in on base in Germany, but it seems to be headquartered in New Hampshire. Do I need to do a probate in each state? And will I run into the same problem there since he was a resident in my state? I'm really lost and don't know what to do. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    thank you,
    JJ
    Tags: None

Sorry, but this is a United Kingdom law forum.
    Lawyer (solicitor) - retired from practice, now in academia. I do not advise by private message.

Litigants in Person should download and read this: https://www.judiciary.uk/wp-content/..._in_Person.pdf

Comment

Darn. Wasn't aware of that.

Comment

Try speaking with lawyers on the East Coast ss it may be more appropriate. Good luck

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X