• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Considerations on choosing a professional Executor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considerations on choosing a professional Executor

My wife & I in our 80s living in UK and both UK citizens are needing to consider appointing a professional Executor to organise our business affairs following our death.
    Where, indeed if anywhere, can we view recommendations of professional Executors.
    I will be happy to consider all replies including any private messages.
    Tags: None

Professional Executors can be found with most solicitors and some accountants, but mostly and for cost saving, family members that can be trusted are always best. My wife and I are of similar age and have each other and our two adult children as executors.

Unless the estate is rather complicated with assets spread wide and far, it is not so difficult to deal with the matters of an estate,

A couple will often appoint their partner.spouse and adult children, but is there a reason that you feel the need of a professional executor>

Comment

Originally posted by quintain View Post
      My wife & I in our 80s living in UK and both UK citizens are needing to consider appointing a professional Executor to organise our business affairs following our death.
      Where, indeed if anywhere, can we view recommendations of professional Executors.
      I will be happy to consider all replies including any private messages.
      Hi Sam101.
      We have no children and all our friends are our general age.
      We will be leaving a house building business where we wish the proceeds to go to a youth employment/education charity, which we will set up.

A professional Executor appears to us to be the best way forward; subject to the Executor having a past and good history of achievements with acceptable costs.

BTW: please forgive the slowness of my response, I have not been notified by the forum of your input.

Comment

Following the first death if everything is left to the spouse, then Probate would not be required. On the second death, as your estate will be going to Charity, you could consider asking if the Charity could act, which may simplify matters. Not 100% sure if that is possible, but maybe another member could confirm?

As yu are going to arrange a charity, the solicitors involved could act as executors, which is more logical.
        Last edited by Sam101; 17th March 2022, 08:42:AM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X