• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

CHanges to previous post - Friend passed away help needed please!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CHanges to previous post - Friend passed away help needed please!!

Good evening

The gentleman i was asking about in the previous post has sadly passed away

The nurses called me in to hospital as it was his dying wish to see me and make sure the car etc was sorted

As next of kin i now need to sort out his business/funeral etc

What legal rights do i have?

I know his bank account details/pin no etc so can i look into his statements to see if he had any kind of funeral plan/pension etc?

Can i contact DWP (he was on ESA) to stop these payments?

What are my boundaries as obviously i do not want to incriminate myself but equally feel bound to help sort things for him

TIA
    Tags: None

As advised in the other thread, you are not obliged to do anything to sort out his business or funeral arrangements, but if you do become involved in sorting out his affairs, then you run the risk of potentially making yourself liable for things you may not even be aware of.

If you are certain he has no family and has not left a will naming an executor, you are best leaving it to the hospital and/or local authority to sort out.

Regarding the car, well - it depends...

If he has no will and hasn't left it to anyone else, have you evidence (eg the nurses) that he wanted you to have it?

Comment

Raising a question that has already received many replies seems to indicate that you are looking for the needle in the haystack that can support you receiving the car without question.

I believe that MANXMAN and others have indicated that the car in question may not in fact have been given without proof of such. Not wishing to imply anything at all, anyone at the hospital could claim the same, but the value of the car may well be needed to meet funeral costs.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X