• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Partial grant of probate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Partial grant of probate

Hi, I知 looking for some advice please.
    I知 currently contesting my parents will but My brother is attempting to apply for a limited grant of probate and I believe it痴 because he wants to hide the fact that he took a large amount of money out and didn稚 declare it to,probate. I believe he will be attempting to hide his unauthorised withdrawals by requesting the partial grant. Is this possible? Can I stop him from applying for this partial grant of probate? He has also withdrawn large amounts of money without authorisation from my parents bank account.

Can I stop him by challenging or querying the amount submitted to probate?

My brother was also Executor and refused to show me any accounts or anything.

Shall I complete an inventory and accounts form under s.25 Administration of Estates Act 1925 (as amended
    Many thanks in advance.
    Tags: None

If your brother was the only executor of the Will, then you do not have any right to see accounts or details of the Will. If there were other executors then hey are legally responsible for managing the affairs of the deceased.

If you have proof that the executor has submitted fraudulent information, then you need to make the Probate office aware of this, but be careful that you can back up statements with proof, which sounds unlikely from what you have said so far.

Perhaps if you can explain more then someone on this forum may be able to help

Comment

Presumably you have entered a caveat preventing your brother,(the executor named in the will), from applying for probate as you are contesting the validity of the will.

What assets is he trying to protect by obtaining a partial grant?
      For example is their a property left uninhabited which will deteriorate and lose value unless sold?

As probate has not yet apparently been granted there will be little in the way of accounts anyway so a sec 25 application is hardly worth the effort

Was the money which you allege has been taken from your parents' bank account, taken before or after their passing?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X