• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Being blocked from collecting possessions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being blocked from collecting possessions

Hi, my parents left my brother and I their house 50/50. He lives in the house while he's trying to get a mortgage. Yesterday after a year of avoiding the place (bad memories and depression being the main reasons I've not been before) I finally decided to drop in and look for some paperwork I need to find a job. Some of my furniture, soft furnishings, hundreds of pounds worth of wool and crochet projects, general nick nacks are there because I lived there looking after my parents until they died.

My brother won't let me look in any of the upstairs rooms, physically blocking me in the corridor. Won't let me into the garage or shed where he says he's put some things, after saying that he's thrown a lot away.

I don't want to invade his home, I don't want to search in secret but equally I don't want him hovering saying that there's nothing in there and getting in my way at every turn. Which is what I got yesterday.
    ​​​He doesn't own the property and I'd like to search for my possessions. What rights do I have? If he's thrown things away can I ask to be compensated monetary wise?

2. How do I approach this situation?
    Tags: None

This is a repeat of earlier post. Better to delete this now to obtain best results from the first post.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X