• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Transfer part share of house after probate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer part share of house after probate

Last November my husband died leaving his 50% share of our house which was held as Tenants in Commen to our daughter. I did the probate myself being an executor the other executor being our grandson which all was fine. The solicitor dealing with the transfer of the 50% share to my daughter says we must each take in proof of identity, passport ,utility bill ect. but my grandson has said he does not have the time or can be bothered to do this. The solicitor said in this case we have to obtaine a court order. Is this right ? or is there some other easier way to put my daughters name on the deeds as Tenants in commen
    Tags: None

Do it yourself!

https://www.gov.uk/update-property-records-someone-dies

If the property is to be transferred to a beneficiary the Executor or Administrator will need to submit a few documents (detailed in the link and available on line)to the Land Registry, with a copy of the Grant of probate The Land Registry will then transfer the property into the name of the new owner.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X