• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Applying for a certificate of confirmation in Scotland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Applying for a certificate of confirmation in Scotland

My father in law recently passed away and I am one of two name executors on the will. I am currently trying to fill out form C1 which will allow me to apply for the certificate of confirmation that we need to allow us to sell the house. The total value of the estate is less that £120,000 so there is no concern with IHT. Can anyone advise me on which form I am required to fill out and submit, what additional documentation I should submit with the forms (will, title deeds for house etc). Also would the following be an acceptable entry in Paragraph 2 in the declaration section of form C1? "That I am [my name] along with [name, current and previous address of other executor] of the late [name of deceased] conform to the will of the deceased who resided at [address of deceased] dated [date of will] which is produced herewith, docquetted and signed by me as relative hereto"

Is there anything I am missing? Thanks very much in advance!

Woolfie
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X