• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Who is in charge, executor or trustee of property

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is in charge, executor or trustee of property

I am executor of my parent's estate. 50% of the property is in a will Trust of her previous spouse, now deceased. The trustees for the will trust are now deceased with the exception of the solicitor based at the other end of the country. Who is responsible for paying the service charges and land rent and building insurance and council tax. I need to notify the landlords/authorities to let them know where to send the bills. The council are quite adamant that it should be the sole trustee ( solicitor) as the only " owner" on the land registry document. Does this mean I should direct all the others to this solicitor ( who has no funds on the trust to meet these demands). And does this mean that he has to arrange the sale, even though I am local? I am happy to meet bills up front and to be reimbursed on the sale of the property but not if the process is going to be indefinite! I would prefer to handle it locally and hopefully quickly. Do I have any standing in this? Many thanks for any advice.
    Tags: None

Has probate been applied for or granted? Who applied for probate? Are you the sole executor? Are you a beneficiary? How many residual beneficiaries? What type of property are you referring to? Does the estate only consist of this property? Who owns the property?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X