• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Is there an authority that can help probate Executors with ethical questions?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there an authority that can help probate Executors with ethical questions?

Is there an authority (organisation or persons) that can help probate Executors with questions relating to, or requiring, ethical frameworks, processes and practices?

(For example, a family member recipient (and primary support bubble) claiming that the deceased was happy to pay off one of their mortgages that was coming up for renewal)

I think, that if the recipient of the assets was registered with a Power of Attorney, I could contact The Office of the Public Guardian (in the UK) with questions about due process, and ethical conduct?
    If the recipient was a registered Health Carer, then that profession has care guidelines (the CQC - Care Quality Commission?)?
    But what about if the recipient is a member of the family who is neither of the above - Is there any (ethical) regulator or source who can offer an ethical framework and guidance (rather than judgements)?

I am hoping for some third-party-advice/guidance/a-sanity-check on what Executors should do in specific situations/scenarios like that.

If necessary, I may be happy to pay for guidance/options suggestions on specific scenarios, from sources which can be regarded as authoritative/independent/reputable.
    I am then hoping that such guidance/options statements would be acceptable to both joint executors, and can be used to help guide the Executors to an informed path (rather than relying on their layperson knowledge, or who argues last).

Thank you for any advice or help.
    Tags: None

We buy a lot of houses that are in probate and there are many issues involved, including whether a probate is even necessary and who is allowed to sell the house. Keep in mind that in Florida a homestead property is NOT part of the estate, which can make probating assets faster and less expensive. If the house is held in joint tenancy, in a trust, or as a life estate, you can often avoid probating the house all together. I made a quick web story about buying a house in probate for an overview.

Comment

Nice for Florida but not a lot of help in the UK, where this forum is based

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X