• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

wills and probate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wills and probate

good morning . a very close old girlfriend was killed in a car crash 8 weeks ago , it seems she has put me down as 1 of the executors on her will . the other executor has not taken the role on due to ongoing health concerns . a death certificate has not been issued as its a ongoing case with the police taking the other driver to task for causing the crash and it has not gone to court yet . i have a coroners certificate as to her death , marked cause of death not established . her will states she wants £40,000 to go to 1 of her grandchildren and £20,000 to her sister . she had money problems about a year ago and sold her house and pub . and gave her son £25,000 for a deposit on a new house . her only property left was a flat worth aprox £87,000 but still £60,000 on the mortgage ! also it seems her son has come forward with a dubious document saying his mother agreed to pay the mortgage on the new house purchased at £250,000 .. about a year ago . the mortgage is not in her name its in her only sons girlfriends fathers name !
    the company she was working for cant decide if she was covered for 4 times her previous salary of £47,000 a year or her new job that she was due to start on the monday but was killed on the friday , that job was £26,000 a year , but i think she should be due the latter as she was still working her notice on her previous job , this was with a large medical company that contracts staff to the likes of glaxo pfizer etc . all this has sparked a internal fight inside the family circle her son thinking its unfair that 1 grandchild should get a lot more than others , her will stated anything left would go to him, iam not comfortable taking on this role . as i was only friendly with her over the many years and none of the rest of the family , would it be better to hand this over to a company like the co-op that have a fixed fee for probate wills etc . or just take the facts to a solicitor and letting them sort this all out , thanks for any input in advance

Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X