• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Historical Will Wording Query

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historical Will Wording Query

Hi everyone,

I'm woking on my family history and have a historical will that I need a little clarification with.

What I want to know is whether the deceased left the house to PERSON A, or was it part of the bequeathal to the HOSPITAL, or is it more complex? The impression I'm getting is that PERSON A was left the house but it was then to be sold off after a year? The residuary estate I think is the business that was on adjoining land to their residential address.

It says that the deceased "bequeath to PERSON A now residing with me and in my employ my home as it stands including furniture earthenware articles of domestic use [carries on with more belongings] and the sum of ten pounds. I give devise and bequeath unto the treasurer for the time being of the HOSPITAL the whole of my real and personal estate to be applied towards the general purposes of the hospital and as regards that part of my residuary estate which consists of land I give the same to my trustee upon trust to sell the same within one year of my death or such extended period as may be allowed by competent authority..."

Just to confirm, there is no legal or financial benefit from finding out the answer, just a piece of family history!

Thank you.

edit: It's a British will from the early 1900s if that changes anything!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X