• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Need Advice on Probate will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice on Probate will

Good Morning lovely people.

i am 35 years old male and married with no kids and delivery driver in the evenings for takeaway. For the last 15 years i have committed day in day out helping my elderly parents along with my 2 disabled siblings as they are wheel chair bound. I also sacrificed my degree in helping with my parents.

the reason why i need help is because my dad left a will lying around in his bedroom and along with a letter saying that my sister looked after my parents all her life which is untrue. I thoroughly read it to see if i'm entitled to it. The shock came to me that my sister will get the 100%, 5 bedroom house worth £350k, Rental property worth £270k, sister house worth, £300k, plus savings.

She doesn't even live at the property as she is married with kids and also has her own property. I have paid all the bills in the house for the last 15 years, drove my dad's taxi for 10 years hackney and NOT kept a single penny, food shopping every week and i thought okay let me help my parents and i will get something in return such as 1 rental property which is free hold.

I don't have any savings at all to contest the Will.

the bills that are under my name and which i pay direct my account
    Virgin media , internet and telephone -

Bills under my wife name and which i pay in cash every 3 months
    Electricity

Bills under my dad name and which i pay to them in cash every 3 months
    Gas, water

i'm thinking of moving out but i know its going to be struggle find a rented property and advice onto what shall i do
    Tags: None

Can you not speak to your father about the will?

Comment

paulajayne so my parents dont know that i know about the Will. My dad loses is temper so quick. How shall i start it. even if i speak to him and he says i wont give you anything then what shall i do

Comment

Tell him he is an ungrateful b*****d and that when he passes you will make a claim under the Inheritance (Provision for family and dependants) act 1975 that will eat up a good part of his estate in lawyers fees!

In reality try and sought the matter amicably.
        To whom was this letter addressed?
        Was this a properly executed will?
        How old was it?

Could it be that you have stumbled on an old will which has now been, or is being rewritten?
        Seems odd that everything is left to your sister and nothing (?) to your mother
        Most unusual for people to leave wills lying around, they are normally (if kept at home) .safely in a drawer.
        So be careful on how you approach the matter.

Has your mother a separate estate and will.. perhaps you will inherit under that.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X