• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Difficult sister

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difficult sister

Hello, My mum passed away September, unfortunately my sister kept my daughter and myself away from seeing mum due to covid (mum had cancer), mum and dad had saved £50,000 for us as inheritance, both mum and dad have passed now, my sister who is a social worker convinced my parents 4 years ago that they should give her the £50,000 for safe keeping or they would lose their pension as they had income, my parents believed everything my sister told them, mum passed away and i wasn't told, my sister cut all contact , their is a live will which states both of us as executors of their estate which isn't much as they didn't own their home, my sister has cleared out their house of everything, and has refused to reply to emails, letters from myself and the solicitors dealing with the live will, which isn't worth anything now as everything listed in it has been disposed of, can anyone please give me any advice regarding what to do as i am convinced this was all pre meditated to get her hands on the money
    Thanks
    Tags: None

A sad position to be in.

Are your solicitors aware of the situation over the £50,000?
    Do you have proof of the handing over of the money and the reasons?

As the estate is small there will be no point going legal over it as it will probably cost you more than it's worth, but has there been a grant of probate?
    Do you have the will?

You say your sister persuaded your parents to pass over the money to prevent them losing their pension.
    From this I understand your parents were in receipt of certain benefits which were means tested.
    If the DWP should learn of this they will take steps to recover any overpayments from the estate, which should include the £50,000

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X