• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Inheritance tax,can anyone please give any advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inheritance tax,can anyone please give any advice

I have been looking after my mother for years as she has dementia which is now advanced,I live in the family home and always have and I'm worried about the future concerning inheritance tax when the time comes to do probate etc as I'm the executor of mum's will ,as I would like to stay in the family home and not have to sell it and I'm hoping not to get a big IHT bill.The house is left to me as the only child as per mums will.I have been looking back at who is mentioned on the deeds and found the home was transferred to my mother in 1995 as that's when my dad became ill with cancer and he must have thought that would put mum on a more secure footing so it must have been just his name on the deeds before that,he died in 1999. I'm now wondering does this effect any IHT rules as I when the time comes I was going to use his nil rate band to add to mums and to take us over the house value so no IHT would be due.He left everything in his estate to mum.
    If anyone has any knowledge I would be greatful.
    Last edited by wilko73; 11th January 2021, 12:31:PM.
    Tags: None

Best people to ask are HMRC themselves: Coronavirus (COVID-19): Inheritance Tax

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X