• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Executor Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Executor Advice

Hello and thanks for accepting my registration.
    briefly -
    4 executors from adults will
    1 was executor and attorney, continuing power of attorney granted 2009 in Scotland.
    When adult died, attorney went to solicitor with draft inventory and did not tell other 3 executors
    solicitor gained official confirmation from sheriff court

3 executors have uncovered gross misappropriation of adult funds over the past 9 year by attorney.

by solicitor signing falsely official declaration for final inventory to court that was incorrect and not accurate, where does this leave him professionally?
    by 1 executor and also attorney submitting false official draft inventory details to solicitor, are they open to prosecution?

grateful for any advice.
    Tags: None

As you are in Scotland tagging ScottishSolicitor for you

Comment

Yes all involved in Scotland.

Comment

I think that there are quite a few complex issues intertwined here. When you say "gross misappropriation" what sort of sum of money are you talking about roughly?

Comment

Over £100k

Comment

In that case if you were coming to me for advice on the various issues involved I would recommend obtaining counsel's opinion.

Comment

Thank you for advice, in your opinion is the solicitor and attorney on difficult ground? Are you in a position to comment either a yes or no on the information I have supplied? Really appreciate your time.

Comment

Hi I can't give firm advice on an internet forum and especially not in a matter like this that is so fact sensitive. If you were my client I would be firstly taking a very detailed statement of the background circs and then almost certainly recommending seeking counsel's opinion

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X