• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum. If this is your first visit to LegalBeagles and you need assistance then you can ask a question here;
    Create a Thread
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Executor Issues

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Executor Issues

In July last year a relative sadly passed away. I've got a copy of probate and the will and I am the sole residual beneficary of the estate, but other beneficaries have been given gifts in the will.

The information on the probate form is significangtly understating the value of the estate, which I was surprised at. Probate was granted in Feb 2020 and I received a much much smaller amount than I was expecting in September.

Post receiving this I have asked the executors to see the inventory and account as I am entitled to. However, It seems they are now wanting to gather more bank statements etc and are refusing to provide any information until they have contacted every bank in the UK.

Has anyone got any ideas on the best way forward? I know I can apply for a inventory and account order from the probate registry but I wasn't sure how long I should give them to provide it? Do I need to send them a recorded letter, as proof of requesting and give them 14 days?

If I applied for a I&A order does anyone know how much this is likely to cost?

Tags: None

I've read on a few similar threads that I need to send a request for the I&A, can anyone confirm would sending a letter request by recorded mail satisfy this requirement?

Comment

you would not need to send the request "signed for". Ordinary first class with a free certificate of posting is sufficient.

When you send the application to the registry it has to be accompanied by an affidavit that (among the other requirements) the I&A was requested and ignored.
      That is sufficient

Comment

That's great thanks, appreciate the reply

Comment

Im trying to get organised and get the summons form the probate office, however the guy at the Manchester one is saying they don't supply it and I need to supply it?

Comment

The form is obtainable from the Probate Registry office that granted probate and headed: " Summons Form".
            It does not appear to be available as a download, and I have heard that some registries require a request in writing!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X