• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Query re. unclaimed estate

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Query re. unclaimed estate

Good evening.
    My cousin died some months ago, sadly. The first I knew of it was when I was contacted by several heir hunter firms, looking for his siblings. There seems to be no trace of them. We lost contact in childhood, so I've been of no help. I've been informed that I might eventually be a beneficiary if they can't be found, as there appears to be no will.
    I'm very curious as to what measures they employ to trace them, and for how long they persist? I'm too old to benefit from an inheritance, so I'm not being mercenary, even though it definitely sounds that way! But I am very interested in the process.
    Many thanks.
    Tags: None

They get birth, death and marriage records and work out the family tree then go looking in electoral rolls etc

Comment

Thank you Ostell. They've done the family tree, and know the names of my cousin's siblings. It's a tiny tree as his father was an only child and his mother only had one brother (my father). So I'm the only 1st cousin.
      They don't show up on the electoral register and their whereabouts are a total mystery. No marriage can be traced for his sister (I know for a fact that his brother did not marry).
      It's now been over 7 months since he died, so it's a bit strange that nobody has come forward.
      I just wondered what happens next!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X