• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

How to obtain an Inventory and Account order?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to obtain an Inventory and Account order?

Thank you in anticipation of any replies. I am simply pulling my hair out. Probate was granted at Winchester and I am trying to ascertain the actual form I need to request an application for an inventory and account order. What is it called? I have seen references to an Inventory and account order and then again a summons order, however when I try and locate these I fall flat. Probate was granted in excess of 15
    months ago and I have written to the joint executors of the estate to request sight of same which has not been forthcoming. Regrettably there are a lot of concerns regarding the maladministration of the estate which I won't go into it. Hoping someone can point me in the right direction, as clearly I must be dim. What is the form called please and how do I get it? Truly appreciate any replies.
    Tags: None

Sec 61 of the Non-contentious Probate Rules 1987 apply (http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1....xht?wrap=true)
    You will be requesting**the court to require the inventory and account under s.25 Administration of Estates Act 1925 (as amended).

The form is obtainable from the Probate Registry office that granted probate and headed: " Summons Form".

the affidavit has to show deceased and date of death
    executor
    Date probate granted
    Requests for inventory and account and failure to produce.
    Fact that applicant is a beneficiary

As you will need a solicitor for swearing the affidavit, it might be worth having a fixed fee session to check the application is being made correctly.

Comment

Thank you so much for the info. I have looked at Winchester probate registry with the aim to down load the forms. I cannot see one that applies to a summons form. Is there a number for the form as they mostly appear to have numbers? Truly appreciate your taking the time to respond.
      I'm not normally this dense, just cannot see it.

Comment

For some odd reason I don't think it is possible to download this form.
        I'm sure the last person who wanted one had to contact the registry by phone to have one sent

Comment

Thanks again. I'll try and contact them again on Monday. Seems like you can never get through at Winchester. It does seem odd though if you can download a shed load of other forms. Does it have a number or do I just ask for a Summons form for an Inventory and account order?

Comment

I don't think it even has a number.
            Another poster had the same problem a few months ago!

Comment

Thanks again. I will revert back after Monday and see how far I get with Winchester.

Comment

Need to contact in probate registry in writing, as this is what they will advise when you eventually get through.
                Last edited by Tyler99; 17th September 2020, 18:01:PM.

Comment

Originally posted by des8 View Post
                  Sec 61 of the Non-contentious Probate Rules 1987 apply (http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1....xht?wrap=true)
                  You will be requesting**the court to require the inventory and account under s.25 Administration of Estates Act 1925 (as amended).

The form is obtainable from the Probate Registry office that granted probate and headed: " Summons Form".

the affidavit has to show deceased and date of death
                  executor
                  Date probate granted
                  Requests for inventory and account and failure to produce.
                  Fact that applicant is a beneficiary

As you will need a solicitor for swearing the affidavit, it might be worth having a fixed fee session to check the application is being made correctly.
                  Hi,

I have just gone round the houses with this today. Spoke to Probate Registry then IHT then Probate Registry, only to be told to speak to Inheritance Tax again.

No-one has a clue where I can get the form from. Could anyone from this forum guide me as to where I can obtain the form?

Comment

This form is specific to the Probate registry that issued the grant of probate.

Perhaps apply to another registry office, and when you get the form send it to the manager of the office you are dealing with, as an example of what you require.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X