• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Executor of will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Executor of will

Could you please advise me on what action I need to take regarding this problem. Father died leaving house to children as tenants in common with stepmother. She remained in house till death 2018. She changed her will so half of the house became part of her estate. Her executor inherited all my fathers money. However probate has been granted for both wills so house is being sold. Stepmothers executor doesn’t want to receive any money from sale of house and is happy to let me being executor of fathers will proceed with the sale and make all decisions etc. We have agreed that she will be given some monies from sale but not half as stated in will. How can we execute this with a solicitor that upon sale she will be paid ££ as agreed between us and the remainder be paid to me. So basically she knows morally she’s not entitled to half the house as it originally was my mothers who died when I was 10 I’m 632 now without leaving a will so passed to my father. So she wants to denounce rights to dealing with property and monies apart from agreed sum.
    Tags: None

The executor will need to do a deed of variation but check that she isn’t on means tested benefits.

As no one applied for probate when your father sadly passed away, that means that you can apply for this which will mean you can have the authority to deal with your late fathers estate.

someone may add further to my advice.

Good luck

Comment

Probate has been granted for both wills. Took a long time but it all went through in May. House is ready to sell but executor of stepmothers will wants me to deal with the sale of house and receive monies but we need to draw an agreement stating she is happy to pass it over to me but upon sale she doesn’t want half of monies she wants what we agreed. So basically me and my siblings get what is rightfully ours and she agrees to let me deal with selling house etc

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X