• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

New Will

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Will

I have decided to make a new will, however I have a property in the EU. I would like my english will to take into account my property overseas.

If this paragraph goes in my will, is it enough to cover a property abroad or is there any other paragraph I should add or anything else come to that?

The paragraph states

" I am a British national most closely connected with England & Wales and I hereby declare that my succession shall be governed by and take effect according to England & Wales regardless of where my assets are situated."

Any advise would be grateful.

Tags: None

This link may give some pointers as to the potential problems:https://www.bequeathed.org/wills/ove...roperty-assets
    The EU Succession Regulation says that the law applicable to your succession will be the law of the member state in which you were habitually resident at the time of your death
    However there are countries opted out of that rule............

An alternative is for your UK will to exclude the property.
    Then make a will in the country of the property for that property.
    Advantages are the saving the time and expense of validating your English will in a foreign country and expediting the succession of your foreign property.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X