• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Post high court judgment, Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post high court judgment, Questions

Dear All

Thank you for taking the time to help me understand my situation. My mother died two years ago and before she died she disclosed that she had left a will sharing her estate equally between her two children and her second husband. Shortly after she died, I went online to see if she had registered her will. It was available online and cost £15 to get a copy. After receiving a payment from her husband without going to a reading of the will, I suspected something was amiss and so I went online again and this time I purchased the will for £1.50.

The will is a high court judgment which stated that the estate was 'for the use and benefit of [her husband] limited until further representation be granted'. It also gave a gross and net value of the estate.

What does this mean? And, is there any way of seeing the original will before the High Court judgment? How do I find out what happened in these proceedings?

Thanking you kindly for your help,

S
    Tags: judgment, probate

I understand you purchased a copy of the will from this site https://www.gov.uk/search-will-probate.
    If that is so, that will be a copy of the document lodged with the probate registry which is a division of the High Court.
    The original will was possibly not lodged but the court has granted limited probate until the original will or a more authentic copy be proved by the court.
    Possibly someone is contesting the will and this grant enables the estate to be maintained until contentious litigation is resolved
    Do you suspect that the will presented is not the last will of your mother?
    Last edited by des8; 9th August 2020, 22:05:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X