• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

IHT205 question and house repossession

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IHT205 question and house repossession

hi I have two questions in regards to an estate:

My father passed away 2017. He didn’t leave a will and myself, sister and brother applied for grant of representation.
    We filed estate information to HMRC in 2017 and nothing has been paid out of the estate except for the funeral since. However a Pension policy as come to light this year with a payout of £60,000, this was unknown to us and so was not declared on the return IHT205.

Do we need to submit more paperwork to HMRC now this new pension policy has come to light even though the estate is still well below 325,000 limit?

Also my father had a house which my brother would not move out of and so mortgage company repossessed and evicted my brother in 2019 and it sold early 2020.

As my brother lived in my fathers house for 2 years after his death rent free, and was eventually evicted, can we reasonably deduct the mortgage payments from this time from his share of the estate? Where would we stand legally over this?

any insight or help would be appreciated.

thanks

Tags: None

Regarding the newly discovered Pension, just inform HMRC about it . They'll probably have a special voluntary disclosure form that they can do some pen pushing on!

Regarding your brother's occupation of the house, it might be better to claim occupational rent.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X