• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Help with Probate application

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Probate application

Hi
    A little help needed please with the probate form PA 1P.
    February* this year my father passed away, as everything passed to my mother I did not need to fill in the IHT400.

Two weeks ago my mother passed away. I am working through the forms reasonable well, but today have hit a wall on the check box on page one of the PA 1P probate application. Maybe it just my head that's a bit mashed at the moment, but I would appreciate some advice from you helpful members of the forum.

Do I have to fill in the IHT205 and include it with my application for probate or just fill in the IHT400?* Mum will be over the £625k allowance after using dad's nil rate band, but under the inheritance tax band after taking into account the residency nil rate band.

Lastly, do I have to fill in and include with the PA 1P the IHT217 for unused NRB when I have already completed the IHT402 as part of the IHT400.

Sorry this question is a bit long but I really am confused.

Thanks in advance.

Tags: None

It does sound a little complicated. Maybe it's best just to check in with a professional as I know the paperwork is long and frustrating (especially if you get it wrong! ). My family used Benson Williams when our Gran passed away - they were really helpful if we had any little questions*
    https://benson-williamsltd.co.uk/

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X