• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Pension

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pension

Hi there.I am trying to prove a fiancial dependancy to my late partner to access his pension. He had other accomadation closer to his work although He moved back in with me when He realised He was going to pass over. He paid for life insurance up until his death which He left to me as there some benificiary. Would that be enough to show the pension company?
    Tags: None

Sorry I cant see an edit button but that was supposed to say. Â* Â*He left to me as the only benificiaryÂ*

Comment

Originally posted by Yodawalls View Post
      Hi there.I am trying to prove a fiancial dependancy to my late partner to access his pension. He had other accomadation closer to his work although He moved back in with me when He realised He was going to pass over. He paid for life insurance up until his death which He left to me as there some benificiary. Would that be enough to show the pension company?
      As with all pensions a "expression of wish " form would have been provided from the pension company sadly your late partner had obviously not filled this in, this is necessary with all transfer of private pensions. I do hope your legal issues prove fruitful .

Comment

PeridotÂ*

Comment

Originally posted by Yodawalls View Post
          Hi Yoda

What sort of pension was this? A private pension with an insurance company? Or a pension in connection with his employment? In any case, you will need to see what the scheme rules say about this. It may not be simple.

Purely as an example (and don't take this as applying to you), the local government pension scheme says this:

Eligible Cohabiting Partner

An eligible cohabiting partner is a partner you are living with who, at the date of your death, has met all of the following conditions for a continuous period of at least 2 years:
          • you and your cohabiting partner are, and have been, free to marry each other or enter into a civil partnership with each other, and
          • you and your cohabiting partner have been living together as if you were a married couple, or civil partners, and
          • neither you or your cohabiting partner have been living with someone else as if you/they were a married couple or civil partners, and
          • either your cohabiting partner is, and has been, financially dependent on you or you are, and have been, financially interdependent on each other.

Your partner is financially dependent on you if you have the highest income. Financially interdependent means that you rely on your joint finances to support your standard of living. It doesn't mean that you need to be contributing equally. For example, if your partner's income is a lot more than yours, he or she may pay the mortgage and most of the bills, and you may pay for the weekly shopping.

On your death, a survivor's pension would be paid to your cohabiting partner if:
          • all of the above criteria apply at the date of your death, and
          • your cohabiting partner satisfies your pension fund that the above conditions had been met for a continuous period of at least 2 years immediately prior to your death.

You are not required to complete a form to nominate a cohabiting partner for entitlement to a cohabiting partner's pension. However, you can provide your pension fund administrator with your cohabiting partner's details and your pension fund may have a form that you can complete to do this.

You have to paid into the LGPS on or after 1 April 2008 for a pension to be payable to your eligible cohabiting partner.

If you post more details about the scheme, we may be able to help you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X