• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Executor planning ahead with problem family member

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Executor planning ahead with problem family member

Hi. My dad has nominated myself as sole executor of his will - my brother is not to be an executor as he doesn't get on with the rest of the family and as a result of a long history of issues he has had with the family, my dad (and I) don't trust him. When my dad handled my mother's estate, my brother was a bit of a problem during the process and we are concerned that on my father's death, the situation could be worse, especially as it is the second death and the estate has a higher value.

Our concerns relate to the 'protection' of the executor. We're expecting all sorts of activity by my brother, from removing items from the house, through to legal challenges of the executor throughout the process (e.g. on executor expenditure, realising the value of goods etc).

Being in the planning stage of my dad's estate, we're looking to establish what path we could take to enable the executor to carry out their duties. My dad advises that his will has been written fairly, with an equal share between my brother and myself (there are no other siblings), with other named persons benefiting from the will too. He believes the estate is simple and straightforward.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Tags: None

Peridot

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X