• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Old Insurance Policy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Insurance Policy

Before my mum died two years ago I found an old insurance policy in her name. Her mother had taken out an insurance when my mum was born in 1929. After her mother passed away in 1964 my mum had continued paying this life insurance at the very small amount per week it was set at right up to it "being paid up". I still have the original insurance documents and paying in books - someone used to come to the house and collect the money. I wrote to the insurance company Prudential and asked for the status of this policy they replied that they couldn't respond to me as the original was in my Grandmother's name, wanted a copy of her will if there was one etc despite my mum being named on the policy and having kept up payments after my grandmother died.

When my mum died in February 2017 and because I was also ill at the time and had the local council to deal with over the tenancy I didn't pursue the Prudential. I dealt with the co-op who she also had an insurance policy and who couldn't have been more different their customer service was beyond excellent. Everytime I see the Prudential documents, as I just have looking for some other documents, I get annoyed that my grandmother and my mum paid into that, i know it was small amounts, for so long for nothing and so I'd like some advice. Is it worth another letter even after all this time?
    Tags: None

Hi I have gone through your post .In insurance, the insurance policy is a contract generally a standard form contract between the insurer and the insured, known as the policyholder, which determines the claims which the insurer is legally required to pay.No i think Its not required already you have the insurance documents originally and you have given the information on letter briefly.If they needed they will contact...

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X