• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

No will, please help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No will, please help

Hi,
    My partner died suddenly 27 days ago.
    Even though he says he made a will, one can not be found so his family, he has 2 daughters both under 18, are applying for probate under the intestate.
    Myself and my 2 children, no his, have lived with him full time for 2.5 years in a house that is solely in his name and he solely paid for the mortgage etc.
    I know I have no rights to anything I just would like to know what time length I have to stay in our home( I say our as it’s our family home for 2.5 years) and mine and my children’s stuff is here. We didn’t purchase that much stuff together just moved both our stuff in.
    His brother, who will be applying for probate has told me to move out but not take anything now.
    I just feel this is wrong and I want a little bit of time to grieve and get myself together after I found him dead in our home. He’s threatening to just come and change the locks and not let me back in. This all before he’s even applied for probate.
    I know I need to go and find somewhere to live but what estimates on time are there? Also can the executor/ admin of his estate once appointed just kick me out?
    Thank you for any advice
    Tags: None

Have you thought about offering to pay rent, until you find somewhere else to live?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X