• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Caveat

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caveat

I have just renewed a caveat on my late stepfathers will, which, when he was 85, he changed from equal shares to one person. I was told to remove it via a third party, but have not received a warning to date.If I receive it, I would like to enter an appearance, but the evidence I have is only a lifetime spent with him. My family were his close family.
    I have sent a Larke & Nugus letter to the original solicitor.
    I cannot afford representation. He destroyed the original will.
    How far can I go before its going to cost me a lot if money?
    Last edited by Viv Harte; 12th July 2019, 07:47:AM.
    Tags: None

Originally posted by Viv Harte View Post
    I have just renewed a caveat on my late stepfathers will, which was changed form equal shares to one person when he was 85. I was told to remove it via a third party, but have not received a warning to date.If I receive it, I would like to enter an appearance, but the evidence I have is only a lifetime spent with him. My family were his close family.
    I have sent a Larke & Nugus letter to the original solicitor.
    I cannot afford representation. He destroyed the original will.
    How far can I go before its going to cost me a lot if money?
    Please be aware that if you wish to challenge a Will, it can only be done in a "contentious court" and that probate courts are classified as "non contentious" in legal terms. The entire system of probate is grossly out of date, and unfit for purpose. Non contentious courts can be misled with impunity, and do not appear to exist in other countries. There existence here actually assists fraudsters to gain a Grant of Probate without any evidence of deception even being considered by the courts. As a result you would very likely end up with substantial costs being awarded against you for not withdrawing your Caveat in the event that the executor of the estate applies for a probate hearing to have it removed. If you challenge the Will in the High Court the costs would be very substantial, so you would need to have very sound grounds for going that far.

Comment

Its a shame that gross unfairness & underhandedness do not apply in matters of law.

Comment

Originally posted by Viv Harte View Post
        Its a shame that gross unfairness & underhandedness do not apply in matters of law.
        The total lack of regulations concerning the changing of an elderly individuals Will, even in the event that they are extremely unwell and hospitalised, is utterly shameful. The fact that I have been unable to find a single instance of anyone being prosecuted for either misleading or committing perjury in a "non contentious" court is absolutely staggering. The authorities are fully aware of numerous failings in the legal system associated to Wills & Probate, yet nothing has been done to correct the situation.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X