• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Don’t know why I’m posting.......

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don’t know why I’m posting.......

3rd and last post now (no previous responses) and I am about to give up on even applying for probate I just seem to be hitting a brick wall.....and no where seems to be able to give any advice. Can anyone please explain the process so we’ve notified the authorities via the listed e-mail address now what????
    1: we don’t know if there’s a will or not, are we obligated to search using one of these companies that provide the service or do we just apply for letters of administration?
    2: we fill in/submit the relevant forms depending on no 1, then what?
    3: can anyone explain the process once the application is received?
    4: why do so many people have delays/problems once the application is submitted?
    5: I’ve read that they have requested bank statements (all sorts of documents) is this once they start looking at granting probate?
    As previously mentioned I’m worried that due to my Mums Alzheimer’s we might not be able to produce some information as things are such a mess......
    i would be grateful if someone would answer this time if they have some expertise as I’m at a loss
    Tags: None

First of all hello and welcome.
    If you don not know of or cannot find a will then apply for letters of administration.
    If there is no will then you write to all people who need to know banks, insurers etc, to claim on the policies and money.
    It is probably best if you set up an executors account . This ensures any money is kept separate from your personal account.
    Write to the utility companies, mobile phone companies, DWP etc. Keep copies of the correspondence and proof of posting (free) Once the money is in you pay the outstanding creditors with the funeral directors and the inland revenue having first call.

Once the money is in place a notice in the deaths section of the local newspaper.Give interested parties a reasonable period to make claims say 28 days. ou can then distribute the estate according to intestacy rules. It is probably worth speaking to a solicitor say an initIal 30 minute discussion. . There are several who work for a fixed fee whose contact details appear on this

site.

Copies of bank statements and similar can be obtained from the relevant organisations. Note down any costs you as an individual make stamps , calls , copies of death certificates. These can e reimbursed to you before the distribution of the residuary estate. Once all the money is ditributed write to the bank and close the executors account down.

Y

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X