• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

House Clearence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• House Clearence

Hi hope someone can advise me? As executor of my late Farthers estate what powers do I have to make one of my 3 siblings help clear the famil home?
    or what advice can you give to myself and my Sister and Brother, to get my other Brother to pull his finger out and help? It’s 3 years since Dad died and 2.5 year since we started clearing. Or is there nothing I Or we all can do? Thank you.
    Tags: None

You don't, it is up to you to arrange the clearance. Take out what you want then an external firm to do a house clear and charge the cost to th estate. I presume the contents have been valued for probate?

Comment

So basically my brother can sit on his backside and let my Sister and Myself do all the work clearing the house and not have to log a finger but still get all his money for the Estate?
      Even thought we said when my Dad died we would do everything together.

Comment

Sorry that should say lift a finger.

Comment

Well as executor you are responsible for collecting the assets; paying all liabilities including tax and correctly distributing the estate.

AS Ostell has already said you oversee what happens to all the assets.
          If you want to go through the house item by item yourself that is fine but you cannot force others to help.
          If you find the task too onerous you could just employ a firm of house clearers to do the job for you.
          If they are fair they will pay for any valuable items, but you (the estate) might have to pay them if the assets have little monetary value.

Perhaps your brother finds the thought of sifting through your father's house emotionally upsetting, or perhaps he can't spare the time or perhaps there is some other reason.
          In any event , your are the executor and it is your responsibility, and yes he is entitled to his share as detailed in the will

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X