• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Renouncing executorship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renouncing executorship

Hi, I've been named as an executor in a recently deceased person's will and I'm going to renounce executorship. I haven't 'intermeddled.'

Is it appropriate/efficient/helpful to use the firm dealing with the will to draw up the renunciation deed or is it better to use a separate unconnected legal firm? Or does it not matter?

I'm not a blood relative of the deceased, nor am I a beneficiary (I'm not sure if those things make any difference).

Cheers.
    Tags: None

Hi there & welcome.
    You don't need a solicitor!
    The form is here: https://assets.publishing.service.go...6/pa15-eng.pdf

It then needs to be lodged with the original will (or a verified copy if the original is not available) at the Probate Registry

Comment

Thanks DES8, that is hugely helpful and also a relief. Cheers for the welcome too.

I have a further question. The solicitor holding the will wants me to give him an original death certificate before things can go any further. I don't have it as I was not in contact with the lady for a couple of years before she died. I'm not sure but I'd think her children would have it. Can I just inform the solicitor of this or do I have to try and get it myself?

Comment

Presumably you did not register her death so there is no reason why you should have the certificate.
        I would just inform the solicitor you don't have it, and point him in the direction of her family.

Comment

Thanks again DES8; that's perfect, very clear. You're correct; I didn't register the death. I think wires got crossed somewhere. I'll contact the solicitor.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X