• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

will and a trust document

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will and a trust document

While trying to finalise a will my wife found the following document. Bank, of course, won't say one way or another if the account exists. Any suggestions? Have written to the trustee asking for repayment into the estate.
    Attached Files
    Tags: None

Link no work ????

Comment

Hmm no somethings not worked with the upload - do you want to email it to admin@legalbeagles.info to be posted up ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Here ( I've just done an image screenshot can't see why it wasn't working as a pdf tho - maybe just a glitch )

Click image for larger version

Name:	F6794906-524A-441D-A690-FE1545BA8793.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	1426296
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Who is "Mrs Pamela" and what relationship to Charles etc.

Comment

Think writing to the trustee is the right thing to do to find out what happened with the trust - Tagging Peridot for you xxx
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thanks Amethyst

"Pamela" has no relationship with Charles (well not that he would want known !)

Surprisingly, got an email late last night appearing to be saying that the bank were transferring everything across to my wife. Will be interesting to see what actually happens and what is actually left inthe account.

Comment

Sorry bit confused on the circumstances here. Who is the deceased, who is the executor? If the holder of the account has died then the executor/administrator would be the only person who could obtain the information, whether there is even an account.
                The exec/admin would also be the ones to take the view whether to pursue this if the account can’t be located.
                There would be a little detective work needed if the account did exist but no longer. Who was it paid to and when etc.
                Happy to give my penny’s worth if a bit more information is available but you seem to be dealing with matters so far.
                I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

My wife is the executrix for Pamela, who died last November. The writer of the letter, and trustee, is an unrelated friend of Pamela.

The bank, reasonably, refused to deal with the matter, despite being presented with all the documents relating to the death.

My wife wrote to the trustee, the letter arrived Saturday and an email arrived Saturday evening that appeared to be saying that the account was being transferred to my wife's name. The excuse was that he had forgotten about the account. Hmmmm..... not the sort of person to forget money.

Be interesting to see if there has been any withdrawals

Comment

Originally posted by ostell View Post
                    My wife is the executrix for Pamela, who died last November. The writer of the letter, and trustee, is an unrelated friend of Pamela.

The bank, reasonably, refused to deal with the matter, despite being presented with all the documents relating to the death.

My wife wrote to the trustee, the letter arrived Saturday and an email arrived Saturday evening that appeared to be saying that the account was being transferred to my wife's name. The excuse was that he had forgotten about the account. Hmmmm..... not the sort of person to forget money.

Be interesting to see if there has been any withdrawals
                    That's a bit unkind! The trust document is dated almost 40 years ago. In any case, if it has lain in a legacy account all this time, inflation will have predated the value severely.

Comment

Hi Ostell,
                      It sounds like you're making headway. As you say will be interesting to see what the account actually contains. Intriguing!
                      I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

Comment

I just asked the question originally because I didn't think I would get anywhere with the back (which I didn't) and didn't expect the trustee to respond.

I believe the account was opened to get money away from the prying eyes of Pam's daughter during legal action (daughter against Mum!!). If money has moved out after Pam was in hospital prior to her death then it could be interesting.

Comment

Fingers crossed nothing untoward has happened and should be able to deal with no issues

Comment

Well despite that initial email saying that the account had been identified and located and the money would be made available for transfer by the end of week beginning 1st October I've had another email saying that the account had been closed but he did not know by whom. Hello, the account was in your name. !

So we've gone from the account is there and there is money in it to the account is closed.l

I've asked for a letter of authority so that my wife can take over the account and deal with matters.

Edit. Another email but not happy about the letter of authority. I wonder what I would find.

Comment

Hi Ostell,

Sounds like your suspicions may be correct. I assume the account holder has given you no indication of the sum that was placed into the account when it was opened? Has the bank seen the 1981 note indicating the monies were help for Pamela? Sure you have just checking.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X