• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Problems with administrator

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with administrator

Hi can anybody please help me. My sibling is the administator for my mother's estate. She has recently distributed the estate to me and my other 2 siblings as final settlement of the estate. However she has provided very little information for the accounts apart from a copy of her solicitors letter giving a brief run down of their charges.

i have written to her on many occasions asking for information on what all the deductions are for which amount to a large sum for what was a fairly small estate.

Unfortunately she has chosen to ignore my requests for this information. What steps can i take to get hold of this information?

Thanks in advance to all replies.
    Tags: None

Hi Rupertdoes,
    From your post it appears that solicitors were instructed to deal with the estate on behalf of your sibling (as administrator). Is that correct? Are you a residuary beneficiary? If you are it may be worth contacting the solicitor to ask for a copy of the estate accounts.
    I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

Hi Peridot

Probate was granted to my sibling. She instructed a solicitor with the estate but the sibling was the administator. Yes I am residuary beneficiary. I contacted the solicitor who informed me the estate accounts would have been provided to you by the administrator and not them. My sibling is continuing to just ignore my emails and letters??

Comment

Hi,
        It may be worth contacting her again and stating that you will make a Court application for disclosure of the estate accounts. Give a timescale for production of the accounts maybe 21 days. The bottom of the Grant should have the net and gross figures on it so you may be able to glean a rough estimate from that. The net figure will have deducted debts, joint asset values and funeral expenses. I assume that you have an idea of the assets involved, house, bank accounts etc?
        It can be a surprise for people when they establish how much a person's personal possessions are worth, if that is what is in question? Unfortunately, many factors come into play when valuing personal items, what is fashionable at the time and the like. An example would be antique furniture, which may be good quality but if it isn't fashionable, may well have little value.
        I wouldn't necessarily suggest making such an application for the accounts but it is an option, it does depend on the amount you suspect may not have been declared/distributed. In the event she doesn't come back with anything, I would seen some face to face legal advice on the next steps and the likely cost that could be incurred in pursuing this further.
        I am a qualified solicitor and am happy to try and assist informally, where needed.

Any posts I make on LegalBeagles are for information and discussion purposes only and shouldn't be seen as legal advice. Any practical advice I give is without liability. I do not represent people on the forum.

If in doubt you should always seek professional face to face legal advice.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X