• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

EE/Orange billing for cancelled contracts

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EE/Orange billing for cancelled contracts

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place but I'm in dispute with Orange for 2 bills, which I never received bills for. The first I had any notification of either bill was via debt collectors.

the first bill is for £140 for an Internet SIM card which was cancelled in 2012, the billing date for these charges are from 2014, the contract that was supposed to have been cancelled in 2012 wasn't and was transferred onto a pay as you use instead, which I didn't ask for or know about u till I contacted orange about where the debt came from.

the second is for a completed phone contract, for a bill of £54. this contract was completed in November 2014 and the final bill was also paid in November (the customer service advisor at orange also verified that the contract finished in November and they had recieved payment for November) I upgraded the contract in dec to EE, I wasn't told that there was an outstanding balance on the previous orange account and upgraded with no issues, I have had no bills from orange for this amount yet again until I recieved a debtors letter.

is there anything I can do about these bills that I shouldn't have, I have been with orange/EE for 7 years and have had no issues until now, bills have been paid on time In full every month for 7 years. Both these debts have only just been bought to my attention via debt collectors in the last 2 weeks.

thanks for any help or advice on this matter.
    Tags: None

Re: EE/Orange billing for cancelled contracts

First of all, have you got copies of letters requesting or proving that either of these contracts were cancelled? That's your starting point.

As to Orange/EE, I, too, have been experiencing some rather odd behaviour with them. Even though EE now owns Orange, they are considered two separate entities and any problem with one will not be dealt with by the other, if you catch my drift. These two entirely separate operations seemingly do not talk to each other but, as has happened with you and I, they seem able to transfer contracts between themselves without notifying or updating the customer of such developments.

IMO, EE are shocking. I, too, was with Orange for 7+ years and only since EE got involved have things turned to sh1t. Beware of them, they do not have your interests at heart.
    Last edited by Captain Haddock; 23rd April 2015, 13:23:PM. Reason: grammar

Comment

Re: EE/Orange billing for cancelled contracts

thx for the reply captain, and yes I agree since EE took over from Orange everything has gone downhill.

i do not have written proof as when u write a letter to inform them that you are wanting to cancel a current contract I didn't think to make a copy for myself :/ the only copies of the letter requesting cancelation are what they have.

in regards to the Internet sim, it's on thier systems that a change of contract was done in 2012, which is when I asked for it to be cancelled. as the request went in, I thought that it had been cancelled as the iPad it was in never left the house and was always connected to wifi, so there was no need for mi to keep the contract running, which it states in the cancelation letter I sent to them. For the past 3 years the iPad has been in its docking stating being used as a stereo from the iTunes library.

since posting this, I informed the advisor on the phone I was going to seek legal action as they did not cancel the contract, they took it upon theirselves to change it to pay as you use instead of cancelling it which was requested, they are now going to try and find out which cell tower(s) this data was used from as I have medical evidence to prove that the time in which these charges occurred I was in 1 place for 2 months prior and 4 months after (which was hospital recieveing treatment) and the iPad was still in its docking station connected to wifi as I didn't take it to hospital with mi.

in regards to the phone contract, I have bank statements to prove that each month was paid to orange on time, and when the contract was upgraded to EE in dec the bill for dec was also paid, there has not been a month missed. thier systems says the contract ended in November and they recieved the payment for November, the next bill went to EE in dec after the contract was upgraded, but apparently I still owe Orange for December.....

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X