• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virgin mobile bill and and international access number

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin mobile bill and and international access number

Posted on behalf of a friend of mine who sent me this via email:

Last September (2014) I made a call to Mexico costing £72, for 30minutes. I don't remember if I tried to ring directly to Mexico by dialling 0052 667 then Mexican telephone number, if I did I will hang up within 1 or 2 minutes because I certainly got the wrong number.

Two issues:

A).- I found out that my account has a maximum of £400 credit limit, before Virgin Mobile tells me that I am over the limit, from the beginning I agreed £20, no idea when did Virgin media mobile changed this.

From time to time I found that they activate data roaming -after traveling I notice small charges and I complain and they cancelled it, it is very annoying that they keep doing this.

B).- I never used to ring Mexico from my mobile, I always used Telediscount for international calls from my mobile. Since 6 years or more. The first time, I sent a text to 81223 with a message DISCOUNT ON, I get £5.00 in credit to make calls to many countries, USA for 1 penny, Mexico for 4 pence, etc. They sent you a txt back saying "you have a credit and a local London number 0208... to make your calls."

I paid the £5.00 through my virgin mobile account, when the credit ran out, even in the middle of a conversation I get a message saying wait a few minute to get new credit of £5.00

Last August talking to my family the credit when to "0" I waited as usually for few minute to get the new credit.

The number that virgin media mobile claimed that I rang, it is very different from that of any of my family members' telephones numbers.

I Also got charged £5.00 twice on my Virgin bill, because I waited 10 minutes and I rang the number 0208... given by telediscount (DISCOUNT ON)

Since then this system doesn't work with virgin any more, but if I tried again by using the connecting number 0208... I can't make any international calls, but £5.00 extra is charged to my mobile bill.
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X