• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Virginmedia and me, have fallen out...they want war...I am seeking recruits lol

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virginmedia and me, have fallen out...they want war...I am seeking recruits lol

I recently had an opertunaty to tell Virgin Media exactly what I thought of them...They sent me an email asking for my opinion and I answered there request and filled in an on-line survey.I informed them that I hate there company and wish I could be with sky due to there unreasonable actions,bad products and lack of customer service...also the fact they never answered my previous emails annoyed me...where as at Sky the customer service is first class , and at Sky they even respect illness`s and disabilities.
    I told them what they requested , I was not abusive and told the truth, I chose my words carefully and the word hate was used correctly as I do hate this company...was I in the wrong?

Now today , days after filling in there requested questionaire thing...In the post is a letter from The Collections Team about a mobile contract I legaly ended at least 3 months ago...now saying I owe £10 and treats about credit rating ect.

This mobile contract was a sim only £5 a month contract, which I was told when I asked for it that it was a contract that could end as soon as I wish by just not paying the £5, no time limit or conditions that say I must use it for so many months ...I could stop at anytime.

Anyway...got the sim card and then researched mobile phones on-line to see what phone I wanted to put my new sim card in...Now I find a site that tells me that virgin media mobile is proberbly the worst signal I could hope to get where I lived...Being ill and disabled occasionaly needing an abmulance I obviosly needed a good signal so never used this Virgin Media sim card...and was dissapointed that VM employees dont have acsess to this infomation and can sell a product that dose not work for the user,all they needed was my postcode and they should have seen i was not a potential mobile customer.
    At the time I was very ill and awaiting a spinal operation...I just never remembered or when i did remember get to the bank to cancel the direct debit.
    After my operation I was housebound and decided to write them an email to cancel the contract as I couldnt get to the bank...I actualy looked at the contract for the first time.

The contract Title said..."pay monthly"
    I pay £5 monthly so this must be me I thought...read in the small print to cancel the contract you must write a letter to there office,its the only way they accept...now as one of my symptoms effected my hand writing and caused pain when trying to write I thought it will have to wait until I can write again.

Weeks later after being in debt and now being able to manage writing a hand writen letter I again look at the contract for the address to write to...now I see on the reverse of what I thought was my contract before is another contract for the deal I am on (forget wording of..will have to dig out contract) and now I see it I can cancel it just by stopping payments and do not need to send the letter.
    I cancel the DD.
    I inform VM via email on there own web site that I was confused by there contracts and that I never used the phone at all due to it not being able to pick up a good enough signal at my address...I told them I was disabled and felt taken advantage of by there salesman for the phone.Also as the contrac was missleading I demaned a refund of the previous payments made, I think its about £30 by this time.
    Never heard anything since and this was back in January I think...I did receive one letter from them asking why I ended the contract type of thing.

Then I fill out there on-line feedback form and they start to give me hassle with this £10 Collection Team letter....They are one scummy company IMO.
    Tags: None

Re: Virginmedia and me, have fallen out...they want war...I am seeking recruits lol

Originally posted by IsItRequired View Post
    Anyway...got the sim card and then researched mobile phones on-line to see what phone I wanted to put my new sim card in...Now I find a site that tells me that virgin media mobile is proberbly the worst signal I could hope to get where I lived...
    the virgin virtual network runs off the back of the
    EE network same as orange and T-mobile
    Don't let them grind you down

Comment

Re: Virginmedia and me, have fallen out...they want war...I am seeking recruits lol

Originally posted by vanman View Post
      the virgin virtual network runs off the back of the
      EE network same as orange and T-mobile
      I just re checked signal strength...and now the site i used said its good ,and EE so your right...before a site said something like 20% signal strength at my post code...either VM have changed signal thing in the last 6 months or the site i used before was giving out false infomation.

Still...there is no need for VirginMobile to start a campaign of harrassment against me for filling out a form they asked me to...and inventing charges and trying to cause me a disabled vulnerable guy whos recovering from a major operation stress and suffereing for no good reason other than for revenge.
      I have filled out a CISAS form about them and hopefully this company will protect me from the Bully`s at Virgin.

Comment

How can VM get away with this behavior...Do we not have laws in this country to protect vulnerable disabled consumers from harrassment from organisations like this?....is this a criminal offence that has taken place?I would lock em up who ever done the dirty deed with the revenge tactical false bill and no doubt debt collection ect i will now have.
        They have demanded moneys not owed...dug up an old forgotten canceled contract that was canceled legaly months ago and are trying there luck by thinking i am dumb enough to beleive there BS bullying fake illegal bill letter...all becuse i filled out there feedback form with negative comments about there pathetic bullying company.
        The letter was posted first class so it was posted either the same day as they recieved my feedback forms or the next day , the contract was canceled 4 months ago in the way i was told i could and as written in the contract...there £10 charge is even more confussing as if would be £20 if I did have a contract with them.
        Surely VM behaviour to me sinks lower than normal company rules and consumer rights issues...is it a police thing? I will happerly go and report it if it is?

Comment

They get away with it because most people will pay up,Hardly a Police matter a complaint to the regulator may get some response unlikely to achieve much.
          The main problem with all the Companies we read about acting this way is that they are so big they feel they can break the rules They Do and for the most get away with it
          The answer lies with the Customer if they all stopped using VM or others like them things would change , cannot see that happening?

Comment

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
            They get away with it because most people will pay up,Hardly a Police matter a complaint to the regulator may get some response unlikely to achieve much.
            The main problem with all the Companies we read about acting this way is that they are so big they feel they can break the rules They Do and for the most get away with it
            The answer lies with the Customer if they all stopped using VM or others like them things would change , cannot see that happening?
            Thanks for your input wales but I think this is one individual who thinks he/she is being clever...its pure revenge and cunningly designed/created to cause me panic and distress IMO...its all too coinsidental to be an innocent admin mistake...Someone at Virgin Media /Mobile wants to stress me out and rob me of my disability benefit is how I see it , all because they didnt like my negative feedback.
            Anyone got Dicky boy`s email ad ? or is this a news paper thing? I dont do newspapers but would love to share this...any newspaper people reading this please contact me so as we can warn all other Virgin customers of what awaites them once they send back a fedback form.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
            Working...
            X