• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HELP - O2 Charging £6481 for data usage on a voice only sim card

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HELP - O2 Charging £6481 for data usage on a voice only sim card

Originally posted by wales01man View Post
    For Nothing? Pure Profit? that's business you are in Business to make Profit? You will not like this but it was your Employee who used this service and like others who use it needs to pay for it ,
    The phone company offering a huge discount are being more than fair they don't have to reduce the bill

Yes pure profit.

Maybe you can explain how they can charge £5 for an internet bolt on, but then over £6000 for the same thing? I would say that is more than likely to be a pure chunk of profit?

I am completely aware of the purpose of a business, we run one.

However there is a difference between making profit and conning people and companies, that's my point. If you read before I am not disputing the charges, I am disputing the way we was sold the contract and the justification for inflating the charges so greatly.

I don't consider their offer to be fair, as I do not feel the charges are fair in the first place. If we as a company behaved the way o2 have throughout this process, we would have no customers left.

Comment

Originally posted by ncf355 View Post
      Wow

If this was me, I'd sack the employee for gross misconduct and set after them for the money

The steps needed to get the other phone working with data on this sim, he/she knew damn well what they were doing so I dont see how you can defend them

I really think you are being far too generous here

At the very least they should be made to pay back the amount via their wages each week

There has been enough publicity around mobile data charges for this person to know what the conseuqnces could be

Unfortunately there is more to it that simply 'sacking' the employee as you have suggested. And besides what would that really achieve me, we would lose a loyal, good member of staff who works hard and geniuminly made a mistake. My argument here is that o2 are ripping people off and can get away with it because its in their small print. It can be compared to anything, parking tickets for example, if a car park had a sign, should they be allowed to charge £1000 per ticket? It would be the persons fault after all as they parked there?

Comment

You don't have to agree with my opinion, and I am actually not 'blaming' anyone for anything. I am raising the question of should this be allowed, and would I have a case against them with the points I put forward.

I put this on here for advice.

Comment

Originally posted by danielleissy View Post
          Yes pure profit.

Maybe you can explain how they can charge £5 for an internet bolt on, but then over £6000 for the same thing? I would say that is more than likely to be a pure chunk of profit?
          Basically, the bolt on gives a user an allowance which is capped, your data bolt ons could have been left uncapped but all bolt ons were capped out of goodwill for customers. Any tariffs without a bolt on are charged per mb of usage and are at the rate set out on taking the contract, which it will clearly state in the contract, any data allowance means the sim is capable of using data.

I am completely aware of the purpose of a business, we run one.

However there is a difference between making profit and conning people and companies, that's my point. If you read before I am not disputing the charges, I am disputing the way we was sold the contract and the justification for inflating the charges so greatly. You were not offered the bolt on at point of sale as you specifically asked for a voice connection. The contract you agreed to was for voice calls only and technically you could have had your account closed with any termination charges for breaching contract, but this has not been done in this case. The cost of the data was laid out in the contract so is not missold as you were made aware in writing.

I don't consider their offer to be fair, as I do not feel the charges are fair in the first place. If we as a company behaved the way o2 have throughout this process, we would have no customers left
          Unfortunatly they are the terms you legally agreed to, and have always been available online.
          therefore you have been treated fairly as I have known cases like this where the full bill has been due.

answers in blue

Comment

Originally posted by danielleissy View Post
            Unfortunately there is more to it that simply 'sacking' the employee as you have suggested. And besides what would that really achieve me, we would lose a loyal, good member of staff who works hard and geniuminly made a mistake. My argument here is that o2 are ripping people off and can get away with it because its in their small print. It can be compared to anything, parking tickets for example, if a car park had a sign, should they be allowed to charge £1000 per ticket? It would be the persons fault after all as they parked there?
            unfortunatly mistake or not the charges will be right if it was proved they came from your phone.
            If you did for example park in a car park where it said £1000 per ticket, if you agreed to park there, you would be liable for that charge too, think of it like a plane ticket, if your employee booked to Hong Kong by mistake, would you expect a free exchange to Singapore?

Comment

Have to agree with your way of thinking regarding the bill . Can I ask if your business sells something and the customer takes more would you say OK have it on the house?
              we all know most big businesses rip us off but unless we avoid dealing with them there is little we can do.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X