• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vodafone charging me £1300 after phone was stolen!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Vodafone charging me £1300 after phone was stolen!!

correct

hopefully it wont go that far

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
      Again I am playing devils advocate here, if the OP gets a CRN now, they may say this is him avoiding the call costs, and that a CRN was needed at the point of reporting it.

This is not a normal thing to happen, but it is something they can say.
      I'm sorry Puff. I type slowly and was doing what Plan B suggested before seeing your post. Its been reported now but its not a bad thing to do. There were many crimes happening at the time I was there (2 flats burgled next door in broad daylight with the door broken into that sits between the shop I was working in and a hairdressers with the girls working by the window!), and so maybe the police knowing about the Romanian calls could help them? It did not occur to me at the time as I did not know about the Romanian calls until I got the bill, long after the theft.
      I hope this hasnt caused any complications?

Lee was very helpful on the phone and seemed to be very 'on side'. I hope he can find a way to help me with this.

Comment

To put this situation in context you need to look at the police crime statistics for Hackney. In April this year there were 443 incidents reported (in just one single month!). Small wonder the CPSO told the OP it wasn't worth reporting

http://www.police.uk/overview/?q=Lon...ondon+E8%2C+UK

Comment

Also, reporting a crime that never happened to the police (even long after the fact) is a very serious thing, so I would hope it wont go against me with Vodafone. I just typed in 'stolen phone' in my inbox search engine, and I have lots of emails sent to family and friends telling of the theft at the time of the incident (dont know if that counts).
          Best
          SB

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post
            To put this situation in context you need to look at the police crime statistics for Hackney. In April this year there were 443 incidents reported (in just one single month!). Small wonder the CPSO told the OP it wasn't worth reporting

Also, my crime was not reported so I wonder how many incidents actually took place. I do know one statistic for a fact - there isnt one person in Hackney that either hasnt had a crime committed against them or know of someone close to them that has. Crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
              Lee may need you to say this verbally to him to be able to go in to the account.
              Hi Puff,
              I didnt take a number from Lee (I really am not very good at this, am I???) so I dont know how to contact him. I hope he will see the post and contact me again.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboy View Post
                I type slowly and was doing what Plan B suggested before seeing your post. Its been reported now but its not a bad thing to do. There were many crimes happening at the time I was there . . . and so maybe the police knowing about the Romanian calls could help them? It did not occur to me at the time as I did not know about the Romanian calls until I got the bill, long after the theft..
                It was exactly the right thing to do otherwise how will these Romanian gangs who operate in London ever be caught unless they get reported. The police have wide powers to access information on international phone databases and if they are provided with the numbers which were called from your phone then this could help trace the lowlife who nicked it and I bet he/she wasn't acting alone. Those numbers may have been called before and may cross-reference with a criminal or gang member who has actually been caught previously and this will add to the police evidence.

£1,300 is a lot of talk time and a lot of money :eek2:

Comment

Originally posted by PlanB View Post

Plan B, that is a fascinating link! But to clarify, the 443 incidents happened in a month within half a mile from where I was, not in the whole of Hackney!! What you showed was Queensbridge, which is just one small area within Hackney. You can see this on the map they show. In fact, the scary part is you can zoom right in on the map to see the breakdown of the statistic!!

In one month, there were 12 incidents within a few feet of where I was working!! Of these 12, 5 were anti-social, 3 were drugs, 3 was theft and 1 (the scary part) was public disorder and weapons.

Comment

Please , no one take this the wrong way but, when you called Vodafone did you talk to someone with a scummy stokie accent or with someone who may have been in Egypt.

Again from my experience with Vodafone, if I get through to Stoke things invariably get done however if I get through to Egypt the results are not so good.
                    I have been a vodafone customer for a very long time

Comment

Originally posted by jon1965 View Post
                      Please , no one take this the wrong way but, when you called Vodafone did you talk to someone with a scummy stokie accent or with someone who may have been in Egypt.

Again from my experience with Vodafone, if I get through to Stoke things invariably get done however if I get through to Egypt the results are not so good.
                      I have been a vodafone customer for a very long time
                      Hi Jon,
                      I dont know what a Stokie accent is really. The last person I spoke to had a foreign name but the English was perfect so I doubt I would tell anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboy View Post
                        Hi Puff,
                        I didnt take a number from Lee (I really am not very good at this, am I???) so I dont know how to contact him. I hope he will see the post and contact me again.
                        You can try PMing him: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ne-Company-Rep :typing:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
                          Thanks, I will wait a short while to see if Lee responds back on here first. I only thought to contact him because Puff said "Lee may need you to say this verbally to him to be able to go in to the account." I thought this mean via a phone conversation.

Comment

A stoke accent, well take the worst of the Brummie accent and the worst of the scouse accent, add them together and you have a Stoke on.

Comment

think Robbie williams before he decided he was american!!

Comment

Gotcha :-)

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X