• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vodafone charging me £1300 after phone was stolen!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vodafone charging me £1300 after phone was stolen!!

Hiya Sonny

Hi Beagles

Thank you so much for your answers, now I can begin to think straight and give you a few concrete answers.

Head was in such a muddle yesterday I couldn't think sideways let alone forward msl:

1: Ok, the IMEI bar, if you have reported a phone stolen it is a matter of course to put an IMEI bar on the phone, unless the customer says it's ok I have a new phone already, swap the sim numbers over.
    This should be your first prong of attack.. why wasn't the IMEI bar added?
    If they have fouled up they need to sort it out.

2: Ask them to tell you from previous bills how often you call Romania and the number you called (give this to the Police as evidence of the theft and help to find the tea leaf ) if, as I suspect, you have never spoken to anyone in Romania you have some sort of evidence that it wasn't you making the calls.
    Ask to speak to their Network Services to tell you where this call was made from and when.
    If they were made IN Romania.. how in Heaven's name did you speak to a PCSO in Hackney the day it was stolen??? If they "cannot comment" ask them to tell you the whereabouts of the phone about an hour before it was stolen..

3: They say they have no record of your call.. ask them to check for Entered Account logs (theres are markers where the computer screams up that someone has been in the account) if there are none on the account AT ALL ask to speak to the Fraud Dept as someone was masquerading as Vodafone, if there ARE markers, then ask how they are there if you haven't called in, as this is a breach of DPA.

If they continue with their he said she said things, SAR them, it costs £10 to get your notes sent to you, remove any personal details and I will translate them in to English.

if they refuse, inform Ofcom.

Hope this helps some

P.

Comment

Hi Puff,
      this is great...thank you!!
      i will call them in the morning and go from there. I know I will hit a brick wall, but I will follow your instructions and see if it gets me anywhere.
      When I called them regarding the high bill, they looked and found no record of my call. I then spoke to the manager who said the same. I composed a letter explaining the situation and their reply was much the same - no record on my file of any contact on that day.
      You are right to assume I have never called Romania before :-)
      But, I did tell them that when I spoke to them and they said it didn't matter where or who was called - I was fully responsible for it.
      If I get nowhere then I will request a SAR as you suggest (had to google that - assume it is not a 'search and rescue' :-)
      I wish I had something to cling to in regards to reporting the theft, more than my word and insistence!
      best
      SB

Comment

They say it aint over till it's over Sonny so don't give up all hope just yet.I only know about IMEI numbers because of my varied well documented phone disasters.

Comment

Originally posted by sonnyboy View Post
          If I get nowhere then I will request a SAR as you suggest (had to google that - assume it is not a 'search and rescue' :-)
          msl: msl: msl:

Nope, it's a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act: http://www.ico.org.uk/for_the_public...al_information

Comment

Thanks Inca.
            I always learn by my mistakes but my mistakes tend to be humdingers :-)
            Appreciate the optimism!
            SB

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
              msl: msl: msl:

Nope, it's a Subject Access Request under the Data Protection Act: http://www.ico.org.uk/for_the_public...al_information
              yes, I did work that out and was joking :-) but had to swim through the search and rescue before finding out what Puff was referring to.

Comment

This will make you feel better Sonny.......you are talking to the woman that INVITED a BAILIFF into her home,,oh yes I did.........wasn't my finest hour

Comment

A SAR can prove to be a Search And Rescue! :beagle:

Comment

sorry for that Sonny my dear, I was in between the nursery run and going to Asda so it was a case of type it fast, explain later

I am searching high and low for Lee's profile to no avail, but I will see if i can grab him (not literally) as he works for Vodafone

Comment

This one?

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...ne-Company-Rep

Comment

thanks Labman

PM sent

Comment

Originally posted by Inca View Post
                          This will make you feel better Sonny.......you are talking to the woman that INVITED a BAILIFF into her home,,oh yes I did.........wasn't my finest hour
                          Hi Inca,
                          It doesnt make me feel better at all, unless the story has a happy ending :-)
                          I would never let a bailiff into my house....... but I also would never leave my phone unattended.......or not report it stolen to the police...........or not take the name and reference number of the phone company after reporting it......
                          :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Puffrose View Post
                            sorry for that Sonny my dear, I was in between the nursery run and going to Asda so it was a case of type it fast, explain later

I am searching high and low for Lee's profile to no avail, but I will see if i can grab him (not literally) as he works for Vodafone
                            Hi Puff,
                            If he works for Vodafone, please do grab him literally, tie him down and plead help/compassion on my behalf :-)

Comment

hmmm if i did that hun it might be a visit from the Rozzers :mod:

I have PMed him for you, so you should see him pretty quickly, I suggest you call vodaphone and offer them 1 months line rental and any UK call charges, stating clearly you are disputing the Romanian calls as the phone was stolen.
                              Ask for a reference number to the call and a transaction number for the payment, and ask to be sent a copy bill too

Comment

Hi All,
                                just spoke to Vodafone which was quite painful. It was an hour on the phone and I got nowhere (am at work still so not too happy). But, the plot thickens!
                                They explained that the reason I can't log on to see my bills is because my number is cancelled, so I asked them to send me a copy of the last bill. They did that and the address they confirmed (current on my records) is one I moved from over a year ago! They have my current address as I am getting mail chasing this debt. So, they changed my address and I got a text telling me this - hope this adds to my case with offcom as it must show disorganisation?
                                i asked if the calls were international or roaming and they were all international and made between 13th-21st march (inc 21st). My phone was stolen on the 13th, when I called Vodafone. I called them again on the 15th to request a PAC code!! So, they were still using my phone after (and probably during!) that call to Vodafone. I said this to them and they said it could take up to 10 days for the PAC code so the phone was still active.
                                i then asked to pay for the line plus any calls except the Romanian and (after the umpteenth long pause on hold) I was told I had to deal with the debt agency. I explained that they probably wouldnt go through the bill to work out what I owed so the guy at Vodafone tried but then opted to email me the bill so I could work it out myself, then call the debt agency (he supplied the number) and deal with them directly.
                                i waited a while for the email to arrive and when it did, it was the bill for the previous month. I'm happy to tell you all I paid £58.04 for February :-)
                                so, I now have to either call Vodafone again (no chance today) or wait til I receive the paper bill and hope its for march (doubtful I think).
                                the guy I spoke to was slow but helpful and I was (am always) polite.
                                i have a reference number and name (yay!) for the call and I also have a bill for a temp phone from car phone warehouse on the 15th and a new contract set up waiting for the number to be changed.
                                ok....I better do some work :-)
                                best
                                SB

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X