• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Broken Mobile before end of contract term

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Broken Mobile before end of contract term

My Friend has an iPhone and a 2 year contract that expires in April.

Her Iphone has stopped working properly. Apple are at a loss and have suggested that Orange should replace the phone (as it is on contract).

The best orange can do is apparently charge her£140 to get out of her current contract and get her upgrade saying "that's technology for you"

Am I right in thinking that she should be able to expect a phone to last the term of the contract?

Would the consumer credit act be a factor here i.e. reasonable use?

I am writing a snotogram for her and I wanted to quote the right thing to make sure she gets a replacement as this not by her doing and surely if you have a 2 year contract the phone should last the 2 years?

thank you in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Broken Mobile before end of contract term

Have a read of this link, and follow the link to "Buying goods - your rights" - you might find it helpful!

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/index/...s_about_mobile

Comment

link doesn't work :-\

Comment

Try copying and pasting it.

Comment

Mobile phone contracts

Try that! Sorry.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X