• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

[ BT ] 3 x Missed appointments and £195 Loss of earnings

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ BT ] 3 x Missed appointments and £195 Loss of earnings

Hello everyone at legal beagles !

[ BT ] 3 x Missed appointments and £195 Loss of earnings

That title pretty much sums up the trouble i went through and still am encountering. I dont know where i stand with this but i lost alot of wages, alot of time and it is causing me alot of stress. Luckily my boss is a kind fellow and allowed me to take the three days off as holiday ( basic hours ), but it has messed my budget up this month as i lost out on £40 overtime i usually get.

Heres the long winded version of events for anyone who wants to know the procedures i and the callcenter chaps followed.

I have had ongoing issues with BT for just over a month, I contacted them on the 8th of april to order their BT Broadband and Calls (40gig usage) and, with me paying them a £50 deposit and signing my soul away to an 18 month contact, They arranged to install my broadband. Although i was scheduled for the morning on 11th of april, they missed the appointment for which i had to take a day off work. I tend to work 9 to 10 hours a day as my hours are very flexible, so i called Bt the following day, explained the situaton and arranged another appointment.

Now i dont know if anyone has tried to explain a fairly complex situation to BT's india based customer service dept, but i assure you it is a Nightmare and it took me 3 or 4 phone calls to even confirm my name and details. I then had to contact the sales department to speak to someone english who managed to organise another engineer and offered me a 1 month goodwill gesture ( +£28 when it cost me £40.39 after paying national insurance and Income tax on a days wage ). She then asked me to confirm that my address was correct, because the engineer appeared to go to the wrong house.

I told her my address ( 1 N**** H**** Cottage and the rest of it ) and she confirmed that to be correct. The time came around for my second appointment 20th april ( Another expensive day off ) and again the engineer was a no show. Pursuing the matter further created the same problems as stated above, they failed to find me by my details and when i did get through, after explaining that i thought they were going to the wrong address she asked me for my address and again it was confirmed to be correct.

You know whats next ...:faint:

The next appointment was a saturday so im not too worried about expense as i inccured none.

I called them again the following day regarding the third missed appointment. Again they tried to rearrange an appointment and confirmed my address ( most likely to be incorrect again ) but i wasnt having it and asked them to let me speak their manager. They went through the same process and i went to take the friday off work again.

This time however i decided to confirm my address with them on the thursday Afternoon. It took me an hour ringing inda from a phonebox, eventually resorting to the sales line and through their supervisors instead. The supervisor told me he would call me back, and he did. He told me he was going to pass my details on as he couldnt help much more and that it was being dealt with as a matter of urgency as i had an appointment the next day.

I was called early evening by a customer services manager who told me she had been tasked with sorting the issue out. I questioned her about the three days i had off work and she explained the compensation procedure which i then asked her about my rights as a consumer and that if i were to have my line installed, i am then entering the 18 month contract, giving me less than 14 days to contact them and agree to a suitable ammount of compensation, as i knew if i declined and the fourteen days ended i would have to pay cancellation fees. Finally after just under a month an engineer came to my house, installed my line

I was almost online! If it wasnt for the fact i still hadn't recieved my equipment yet Lucky i live in a village so the local post office told me that an old gentleman had recieved a package in my name so i went and collected it personally and appologised on BT's behalf for waking him up three mornings over the month !

I would really appreciate some assistance on this one as i they made three mistakes that cost me almost a weeks wages. I am 20 and have little more than basic consumer rights knowledge.
    Tags: None

Re: [ BT ] 3 x Missed appointments and £195 Loss of earnings

It is entirely BT's fault, if only because they apparently employ delta or delta-plus semi-morons as engineers who lack the wit or gumption to telephone the customer if they've been sent to the wrong location.

Don't bother even trying to complain via BT's Indian call centre, as it has been designed to make people lose the will to live. Write to customer services, rejecting their paltry and wholly inadequate offer of only 1 month free service and stating how much money you have actually lost as a result of their ineptitude and negligence.

When they fail to make a sensible offer, complain to OFCOM, though you may need to sue BT for all your losses.

Comment

If you don't get anywhere at customer services level. This is the CEO's email address for your complaint.
      ian.livingston@bt.com

Comment

Thank you Tuttsi And Cleverclogs for your speedy replies. I was wandering if anyone had a generic template regarding claiming for loss of earnings? Would help me alot with the wording of my own.

Comment

The word "nightmare" does not even come close to describing BT and their Openvision service.

fromn the callcentre in india through to their so-called service enginners not being willing to resolve connection problems, the whole thing was a taste of hell.

you can get rid of them if yuo persiust DESPITE the 18 months rip-off contract. you will need to kick, fight and scream but you can do it.

the best tip is to get to the uk customer complaints people as soona s you can and away from the india call centre people. lol, our experience of that was what felt like 4 hours going though connection tests and problems and then having to repeat the horror several times over b4 we eventually got to the point that BTs breach of contract was obvious.

never, never, never again BT.

Comment

I have to tell you my cousin is having a total nightmare with BT and is just about to write to the CEO with my intervention due to the fact that she does not have fully functional internet.

My husband and I also had problems when we changed over to BT with overcharging on billing for overseas calls and being told one thing when in fact their T&C's in the smallest of print someone on the internet says differently. We now use 18866 before dialling abroad which is a hell of a lot cheaper and when the contract comes up for renewal we will probably look for a new provider.

The best thing is you should write a letter of complaint in short but concise points.

You can post your draft up here and we can help you modify it, you know your complaint best of all and in any case you need to put this down with time scales. We do not normally have templated letters as it is much better if each letter is written individually and has a better chance of sucess in the long run.

Comment

yip, BT are 'Bloody Terrible' (''BT')

Comment

I have to say I'm with Tuttsi on this one. I'm a great believer in going straight to the top over things like this. The CEO needs to be alerted to these problems as it's his job to ensure they don't happen. Also you tend to find that once you get access to the Directorate's Office things seem to get sorted out an awful lot quicker. Yes, complain to OFCOM, but in the meantime I'd ignore any underlings and go straight to the top if it was me.

Comment

Here is BT's CEO email mailto:ian.livingston@bt.com

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                    yip, BT are 'Bloody Terrible' (''BT')
                    Whereas C&W, when they ran a cable 'phone and TV franchise, were Crap & Worthless.

Comment

My cousin called this morning and told me that BT have finally realised that they are in the wrong and have offered 6 months credit for their broadband line that has not worked in the last 18 months.

I told her to go back and get the 18 months refunded as they do not have a leg to stand on.

Comment

18 months...
                        ...what a nightmare.

If BT were a bank they'd be Barclays.

Comment

Originally posted by The Debt Star View Post
                          If BT were a bank they'd be Barclays.
                          BCCI, surely?

Comment

The only difference between Barcrap Bank and BCCI is that the former are still operational as, sadly, is BT.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X