• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Vodafone Store: refusing a warranty repair??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Vodafone Store: refusing a warranty repair??

Won't be in Slough or Newbury though Caspar.

Comment

[QUOTE=Caspar;212602]Hi Lee,

I've just read through this thread, and this is a direct quotation from you, "I would re-iterate that our sole objective is to help as many customers in need of assistance as possible."

If this is genuinely the case, perhaps you would be good enough to post up direct line telephone numbers and e-mails for the following:

1. The CEO and Chief Executive's Department
      2. Head of Customer Services
      3. Head of Complaints (or their equivalent title within your organisation).

This will prove you are totally genuine in what I have quoted and will certainly go a long way to reassuring people who are treating you with some scepticism (I believe this its correct spelling). That way anyone with a problem can save time and go to these people directly with their problem for a resolution and you'll be able to prove to them that you really are doing your job correctly and practising what you preach.

I look forward to seeing the list!
      [LEFT][COLOR=#000000]

question 1: vittorio.colao@vodafone.com ( CEO)
      There is a Vodafone thread on MSE which has the Good, the Bad and the ugly including some of the help or not from the Web Relations Team.
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by charitynjw View Post
        It may be possible that these large companies think SOGA has something to do with old folks' holidays, & so cannot apply to them!
        Or they are afflicted with dyxlesia and so think it is a type of milk-based pudding?

Comment

Originally posted by Caspar View Post
          I've just read through this thread, and this is a direct quotation from you, "I would re-iterate that our sole objective is to help as many customers in need of assistance as possible."

If this is genuinely the case, perhaps you would be good enough to post up direct line telephone numbers and e-mails for the following:

1. The CEO and Chief Executive's Department
          2. Head of Customer Services
          3. Head of Complaints (or their equivalent title within your organisation).
          I believe that their "Head of Complaints" may be the janitor who empties the trash, whilst their idea of customer services may have less to do with retail practices and more to do with how a bull "services" a cow.

This will prove you are totally genuine in what I have quoted and will certainly go a long way to reassuring people who are treating you with some scepticism. ...

I look forward to seeing the list!
          But answer s/he did not.

If you really want to irritate the CEO of Vodaphone UK or of Vodaphone International, their email addresses are available if you look in the right place.

Comment

I'd like to see a little less Vodafone baiting on this thread, in particular since the OP wanted advice on what to do next.

Caspar, you will not get what you seek and presumably you know this, which is why you set up Lee for failure. If you want to send feedback to Guy Lawrence, UK CEO of Vodafone, use this form. Feedback to the Vodafone UK CEO

Banality belongs elsewhere people.

Comment

The information is available if you hunt or phone the right people.

This is not Vodafone baiting, and I had a suspicion that Lee would not reply, though he did sort of set himself up for the question.

It actually applies to all large organisations where many of the senior people who can actually make things happen hide behind the underlings and rely on them to protect them. I also fully understand the reasons behind this, but it is a case of trying to strike a sensible balance to my mind and we seem, in my opinion, to have gone too far the wrong way.

Others of course have their own opinions. This is not banal at all as it is significant in consumer issues to those many people who just cannot get anything done as they can't get to the right people, hence to some extent the huge backlog at OFT etc...

Apologies to Lee for highlighting the issue using his company, it was purely taking advantage of the moment to highlight a broader issue which is significant. Afterall, the site says , "Guarding Consumer Rights." It does a very very good job in doing so, but nothing is ever perfect.

Comment

I believe Lee will reply and I did not consider what you wrote banal, but many other things on this thread are and it should not be allowed to descend further.

For many large organisations, those in senior positions believe that they need to hide, because they are concerned with far larger issues than a few disappointed customers. They forget that it is those very customers from whom they derive the reason for their continued employment.

This reminds me of this discussion, almost four years ago. HBOS chairman talks about personal battle with depression - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum

Vodafone have adopted a policy of reducing, as far as possible, their exposure to costs when the products that they sell fail. It is our role to point out where that policy is flawed and take companies like Vodafone to task when they attempt to avoid their statutory duty to us as consumers.

Comment

Hmmmm - that makes interesting reading. As you know you and I far from agree on Mental Health, but I have to say on that case I agree with you. I never thought I'd say that lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Cetelco View Post
                    Look here for details of a similar situation recently.

Mobile phone issues - Legal Beagles Consumer Forum
                    to get the thread back on track here is the advice from Cet earlier in the thread.

(apologies for posts but Lee is on the wrong the forum, I think).
                    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
                    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

I bought a nokia 5230 on contract and it would never do what it said on the 'tin' so I took it back several times, and the Sutton Coldfield Vodaphone Store said that as it was under warranty they would send it back to the 'base' to have it reprogrammed and checked.

This they did and returned it within a week. It was no better, refusing to download or install anything, claiming no memory - there was.

Back it went and they replaced it with another - and not a problem since. They acknowledged that the phone was at fault. My gps and satnav is perfect and FREE!

Theyre was a guy there called Haj I think, I can only congratulate him for his patience and dedication.
                      Darkness is only the absence of light; ignorance is only the absence of knowledge.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X